Pimples are one of the most common skin problems that everyone faces on a daily basis. These minor annoyances can ruin a good day and make you want to call it quits early. But they’re not all bad; they’re like little waypoints of transformation, providing an opportunity to revamp one’s skincare routine (and, let’s be honest, diet) into something healthier and more nourishing for both body and mind.
So, if you’ve been looking for solutions on how to get rid of pimples, the best thing may very well be right here at home by making some changes in your lifestyle or by simply taking care of your skin. Here are some pimple-fighting tips to get you started:
- Exfoliate once a day with an acne cream or exfoliating scrub for the extra deep cleansing action. The key here is not to overdo it, as too much can lead to redness and irritation which would defeat the purpose of wanting pimples gone in the first place.
- Go for healthier foods, especially those that are rich in antioxidants and omega-rich fatty acids like avocados, nuts (like almonds), oily fish (salmon) and salmon oil supplements, dark green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, or kale to help lead pimple-free skin from within. You might want to consider taking a multivitamin supplement, too.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help rejuvenate pimpled skin from the inside out. Food rich in vitamin C includes oranges, mangoes, melons, leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, and okra. Vitamin C deficiencies are rare but can show up in pimpled skin around the mouth and nose areas.
- Avoid touching pimples whenever possible and wash your hands with soap before touching it (and after you touch pimple-causing items like makeup brushes). If the pimples are painful or on parts of skin that get irritated easily such as around the eyes, avoid squeezing them; pop them only as a last resort.
- If pimples are around the nose area, avoid wearing makeup on that part of your face to prevent further irritations and rashes from acne products. Instead, use BB cream or tinted moisturizer for lighter coverage with sunscreen protection (use mineral-based sunscreens if you have sensitive skin) all year round to keep pimple-causing UV rays at bay.
- Some people say that pimples are caused by stress and sleep deprivation. It’s been proven that pimples can be reduced with an adequate amount of sleep. Sleep also helps to heal pimples as well as reduce stress levels.
- Many pimples are caused by dry skin that is caused by not drinking enough water. Drinking plenty of water will help the pimple recede faster and should also help other dry patches of skin.
- Avoid sweets. While pimples are a common acne problem, eating too many sugary foods can make pimples worse.
- One of the pimple-causing factors may be due to alcohol and cigarette consumption. For those who drink, pimples are likely to appear around the mouth or nose due to excess oil production. Those who smoke are more prone to pimple breakouts on their hands, face, neck, chest, etc. This is because nicotine can cause enlarged pores which leads to pimples.
So, there you have it! The things that can help to get rid of pimples are not just about the skincare products. What you eat and how you live affect your body’s ability to fight off acne, so take some time today to assess what is going on with your diet and lifestyle. Are they healthy? Do you need a change in order for the healthier choice to work well for getting rid of pimples? It may be worth taking some time out this weekend or next week (or even now) if you want more information on what types of foods might give us an extra boost when we’re trying to clean up our act – because sometimes all it takes is one food item like oatmeal, green tea extract, milk, soy, etc.
As a result, pimples are nothing to be ashamed of or afraid to discuss! You don’t have to suffer in silence if there is a remedy for your pimple problems that really work well without side effects. Your skin condition would improve and pimples can become part of your past rather than the present where they continue to show up. Comment below and share your pimple journey! It will help another person who may be experiencing the same thing, or simply just want to know how you got rid of it. And we hope that our blog helped in some way too by providing information on what causes pimples and tips for treating them effectively.