Are you looking for some easy, healthy dinner recipes that will help you stay on track?
With so many demands on our time and energy these days, it can be tough to find the time and motivation to cook healthy dinners every night. But with a little creativity and planning, you can easily create delicious, calorie-deficient meals that will satisfy your taste buds.
In this blog post, we will provide you with a variety of delicious and nutritious recipes that are perfect for busy people. So whether you are short on time or just looking for something new and exciting, we have got you covered!
If you are ready to start cooking some delicious, healthy dinners, then keep reading for our favorite recipes!
Roasted Broccoli Alfredo
Broccoli might not be your favorite vegetable, but this dish will change the way you look at it. The ingredients are simple and require very few steps to prepare!
- 4-5 cups of fresh broccoli florets from about 3 heads of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Note: You don’t have to cut the broccoli, but I believe it makes it simpler to eat and gives each bite a little bit of roasted sweetness. If you prefer entire florets, skip this step and throw them in the sauce as is.
- Preheat the oven or air fryer to 425 degrees
On a large baking sheet lined with foil, spread the florets in an equal layer. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over top. Sprinkle the salt on top and toss the florets in the oil with your hands to make sure they’re equally covered. Place them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until they’ve caramelized and become crispy around the edges.
Bring a pot of water to a boil while the broccoli roast. Cook the pasta according to the package directions (about 7ish minutes).
Make the sauce while the pasta is cooking. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the cream until it is completely combined. Bring to a low boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for a minute or two. Stir in the shredded Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon salt until the cheese is completely melted.
- Toss the cooked pasta immediately into the sauce with tongs. Some of the starchy water from the pasta will be absorbed by the sauce, helping to thicken it. For a few minutes, toss the pasta in the sauce.
- Transfer the broccoli to a cutting board after removing it from the oven. To roughly cut the florets, run your knife through them (see note). Serve by tossing them into the spaghetti.
The caloric intake for this dish is 671 kcal from fat sources, with 24g of saturated fats and 16 grams of protein.
Ranch Ground Chicken Burger
The chicken burger is a quick, weeknight dinner solution that the entire family will love. Chicken burgers are lower in saturated fat and leaner than beef burgers, making them a better option.
- panko bread crumbs
- panko bread crumbs
- Crumbs of Italian bread
- garlic powder seasoned salt dried onion
- sauce for bbq
- Butter hamburger buns
- ranch dressing
1. Preheat the broiler while you’re making the burgers. The broiler pan should be greased.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, both types of breadcrumbs, seasonings, and BBQ sauce. Make four burgers out of the mixture.
3. Cook the burgers for 4 to 6 minutes on each side on a broiler pan.
4. Toast the buns by brushing them with butter and placing them cut side up on a broiler pan until golden brown.
5. Serve by placing the burgers on the buns and topping them with Ranch dressing.
The caloric content per serving is 653kcal, 70 grams of carbs, and 31g of protein. There are also 27 fat calories in each piece – not too shabby!
Chicken Salad That Is Light And Healthy
This low-calorie chicken salad recipe may be made ahead of time and is delicious on a sandwich or as an appetizer.
This recipe is also extremely adaptable. You may create the recipe with any ingredients you have on hand, double or triple it, and even make it ahead of time.
- Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup green grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt plain* (or light mayonnaise)
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Chopped red onion, diced carrots, raisins, and other optional add-ins or substitutes
Note: A light-dressed chicken salad is one of my favorites. If you want a wetter chicken salad, add more Greek yogurt or spicy brown mustard to taste.
1. Combine the chicken, celery, green and red grapes, and almonds in a large mixing dish then set aside.
2. Combine Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise) and spicy brown mustard in a small bowl with all ingredients.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken and toss to coat.
4. You can eat it with crackers, on lettuce, or on bread.
This dish has an impressive caloric intake of 194 kcal, with Carbohydrates accounting for 6g and Protein 13 grams.
Tilapia with a Parmesan Crusted Crunch
It’s coated with a basic Panko and Parmesan cheese mixture, which gives it a great crunch. If you’re seeking to add more fish to your dinner menu, this tilapia recipe is a great place to start!
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 1/2 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using nonstick cooking spray, coat a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing dish, combine butter, Panko, and Parmesan cheese. Tilapia fillets should be placed on a cookie sheet. Toss with the Parmesan mixture and serve.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven or in an air fryer.
The caloric intake for this dish is 472kcal, 22 carbs and 49 grams of protein.
Stir-fried Thai Chicken
This dish takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is packed with delicious, sweet, and spicy Thai ingredients. Serve it with brown rice for a nutritious at-home takeout meal!
- Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin, gluten free if needed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (use less, omit or replace with low sodium soy sauce/tamari if you don’t like the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 serrano or Thai chile, seeds removed and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 lime
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the stir fry sauce.
- Toss half of the stir fry sauce with the chicken strips in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot swirl the oil around the bottom to coat it and add in the onion, chile, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Stir in the chicken and simmer for about 4 minutes, or until nearly done.
- Stir in the red bell pepper and snow peas for a final 2 minutes of cooking.
- Pour in the remaining stir fry sauce and simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lime juice.
- Serve over brown rice with basil on top.
The calorie intake for this dish is 416, total fat 18g, and carbohydrates 17g. Fiber 3 and sugar 9 respectively! Protein 46 grams in all–which means you’re getting an excellent mix of nutrients with every bite.
Tacos With Chipotle Shrimp and Mango Salsa
This dish is a quick and easy dinner recipe that comes together in 15 minutes and is packed with fruit and veggies, topped with a spicy chipotle Greek yogurt sauce.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. chipotle sauce
- 2 c. mango salsa
- CHIPOTLE LIME SAUCE
- 1/3 c. greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobe
- 2 tsp. adobe sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Spray the corn tortillas on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Cook each tortilla for 30-45 seconds on each side in a large skillet over medium-high heat then set aside
- Meanwhile, dry the deveined and peeled shrimp and sprinkle them with the chile powder and salt. Spray the skillet with nonstick spray and add the shrimp after the tortillas have done cooking. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the middle is pink and opaque.
- Add the shrimp, 1/4 cup mango salsa, and a Tablespoon of chipotle sauce to the tortillas. Serve right away.
This dish has a total calorie intake of 190 kcal with 5g fat, 21 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, and 16 g protein.
Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
This quick Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles recipe is far superior to takeout! It’s healthier and more veggie-packed, and there are fewer dishes to clean!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce sodium reduced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth sodium reduced
- 350 grams Spaghetti broken in half
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic about 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2-3 green onions sliced
The chicken and vegetable amounts are completely customizable – if you want a lot of chicken, use three chicken breasts! If you want to leave the chicken out and add more vegetables, or if you want to add mushrooms, zucchini, or broccoli, go ahead!
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then cook, tossing periodically, until it is browned (3-4 minutes).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the carrots, peas, and peppers are tender-crisp.
- Stir together the soy sauce, chicken broth, honey, garlic, ginger, and vinegar. Add the Spaghetti and mix well.
- Return to a low simmer and cook, stirring periodically, for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. Serve with green onions stirred in.
The calorie intake for this dish is 414cal, which includes 64 grams of carbs and 25 grams of protein.
Please do note, that nutritional information is estimated and will vary depending on serving size, product type, and brand.
In this colorful, rustic, and quick vegan ratatouille recipe, vegetables take center stage. It’s naturally gluten-free, low-carb, and ideal for using up leftover vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,(use water to saute for oil-free)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large eggplant/aubergine, diced into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 large zucchini, diced into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 large bell peppers, deseeded & cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 2lb (900g or about 8 large) fresh tomatoes, diced into chunky pieces
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 fresh sprig, or 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds,
- 1 large bay leaf
Note: Just a reminder about the fennel seeds: they are optional but very recommended if you have them. They add only a glimmer of aniseed flavor.
- Over medium heat, add the olive oil to a big pan that can accommodate at least 5 to 6 quarts/liters. If you want, you can add more olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the onions and sauté until they are transparent about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for another 2 minutes after adding the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients, give it a thorough mix, and bring to a steady simmer. There is no need to add any water. The vegetables have a sufficient amount of moisture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and the tomatoes are mostly broken down.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaf.
The dish is satisfying and will keep you full for hours, with only 117 calories. It has 20 grams of carbs including 4 g and 3g of protein.
We hope you enjoyed trying out some new dishes and got some ideas for your next family dinner night. Which recipe was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and relatives. And if you want more great content like this, be sure to follow our blog so you never miss a thing. Happy cooking!